Search This Blog

Loading...

Romantic vintage style for your home

Romantic vintage style for your home
www.shabbychicfairytale.com

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Favorite Shabby Chic Christmas Gifts - an idea for you

Sometimes I can share and idea with you and sometimes I get an idea from someone else...this one comes from someone else.

One of my very best girlfriends and fellow junker/anitquer, Danyelle, gave me the most amazing Christmas present this year.  Using a milk glass gorgeous vintage urn she had picked up in our day trips, filling it with green floral foam, patiently carved to shape as a cone shaped topiary then soaked in water, she patiently and I'm sure methodically filled it with my very own petite sized Shabby Chic floral tree comprised of lovely white and off white carnations, roses and Christmas burgandy muted berries.  I'm kicking myself for not taking a photo of it because it was truly gorgeous, thoughtful and one of my top 2 favorite Christmas gifts of all time I could say - thank you Danyelle! :)  As if that wasn't enough, she made an adorable gift tag to go along with it - a standard tag with the appearance to have been soaked in tea and then baked and later adorned with a white felt Christmas dove and white Christmas wreath sticker.  Every bit of thought and effort she put into this gift was so right up my alley and I just loved it!

My second most favorite gift came from my extremely talented brother in law who is a PHD student by day (as if that wasn't enough) and an artist by extra time.  As his gift to the kids on our Christmas Eve dinne (because it wasn't enought that they had already completely spoiled them with toys and books) and more of a treat for me, he handmade the most amazing picks I've ever seen.  Picture the perfect Rudolph (from your childhood), Angel, Santa (with plump cheeks just like the illustrations from The Night Before Christmas Golden Book I grew up with), Nutcracker and Christmas tree - handdrawn/sketched and then beautifully colored to bring to the perfect life.  He and my sister then decided to take the original art and color copy enough for all the cupcakes, cut out and double side position them on toothpicks = patience, talent and love.  Obviously the kids adored the picks and the cupcakes with the delicious handmade frosting my sister made.  I washed them off the best I could to preserve and use again and again for an original and most amazing Christmas decoration - thank you Steph and Matt for all the time these must have taken.  We love them so much!

From my family to yours we hope everyone had a lovely holiday season with their families and recd. wonderful gifts from the heart like we were so lucky to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment